Among some of the past Civic Events that I have Piped for were the first "Canada's First Capital Parade ", The 2000 Kingston City Hall Levi, Kingston's Tall Ships Challenge "Sail Past" and City of Kingston's Police Force Ceremonies. Some of the Corporate Events I played at include the annual Society of Materiel Engineers Dinner at Royal Military College's Senior Staff Mess, Welcoming Corporate VP's at Star Tek, many Charity events and numerous military mess dinners and RCEME Reunions at CFB Kingston.
MILITARY MESS DINNERS
"A Piper adds dignity to what otherwise would be an uncouth brawl" UNKNOWN
Many of the traditions of modern military mess dinners come from centuries-old Regimental and Scottish Traditions. Some, such as piping in the port date back to ancient Greece. I am well versed in Scottish lore and tradition as well as the Military and Naval traditions and protocals of Canadian, British and Comonwealth and American Armed Forces .
AT YOUR NEXT MESS DINNER , I COULD :
- GREET THE MEMBERS AS THEY ARRIVE
- PIPE THE WARNING CALLS
- ANNOUNCE DINNER IS SERVED
- PIPE IN THE HEAD TABLE / MEMBERS
- PLAY A SET OR A PIOBAIREACHD DURING THE DINNER
- PIPE IN THE PORT
- PLAY A LAMENT FOR THE "TOAST TO THE FALLEN"
- PLAY CERTAIN REGIMENTAL / BRANCH MARCHES
- OFFER A PIPER'S TOAST IN GAELIC AT THE END